All works and pictures © Copyright 1985--2020 by the author. All rights reserved.


Walking Past Cars

I pass through several neighborhoods on my walk and in the suburbs that means there's plenty of cars.



I don't know what he is trying to convey with this paint job:

* he likes to fish
* his car goes like a fish
* he is a fish who drives


It is easier to discern the meaning of this image often seen on the mudflaps of pickup trucks and 18-wheelers:






The Wyoming Library Org has tried to co-opt the image with their own version:





(and I have to wonder if my librarian friend Carolyn, formerly of Jackson Hole, Wyoming had anything to do with it...)

I'm not so sure that they achieved their goal with this image as I imagine the young lady is reading either Lady Chatterley's Lover or Penthouse Forum.


They also had a marvelous bumper sticker on their web site:



which I may have to purchase for Qacei who is never without a book in hand.


And then I found this version on the interwebs which I may have to purchase for her first car.

Which brings us back to walking among the cars wherein I happened across this on the back of a Honda Civic the other day:





and it made me smile for the rest of my walk.

No comments: